The Pet Adoption Center is an Adoption Guarantee Organization that takes in cats, dogs, kittens and puppies and gives them a second chance at a new home. Each pet must undergo an evaluation of health and behavior prior to being accepted. It is important for the safety of our staff and the volunteers who work with the animals that each animal is healthy, non-aggressive and adoptable. A $50 Intake Fee applies to all cats and dogs over four months of age at time of relinquishment.
Cats and kittens will be eligible for an evaluation based on space availability (please call ahead before coming to the Adoption Center). All cats require the following before becoming available for adoption:
- It is preferred that all cats be spayed or neutered prior to intake
- All cats and kittens must test negative for Feline Leukemia (if that has not been done, owner will be asked to donate a small fee for that test)
- All cats and kittens must be current on yearly FVRCP vaccine, have a microchip (if these have not been done, owner will be asked to donate a small fee for the vaccine & microchip)
- Plus $50 Intake Fee
Dogs and puppies will be eligible for an evaluation based on the following requirements:
- All dogs and puppies (over 4 months of age) are preferred to be spayed or neutered before being evaluated (we can provide you with resources, please bring sterility certificate with you if your pet is already altered)
- All dogs and puppies (over 4 months of age) are preferred to be current on yearly vaccine and Rabies (we can provide you with resources. Please bring proof rabies to the evaluation if current)
- All dogs and puppies (over 4 months of age) are required to be microchipped (if that has not been done, a fee of $20 will apply)
- Plus $50 Intake Fee
DOG EVALUATIONS ARE PERFORMED BY OUR BEHAVIORIST ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS*:
Tuesdays-9:00am -11:00am and 12:30pm-3:00pm
CAT EVALUATIONS are performed Monday thru Friday from 9:00am to 3:30pm
*Dogs may or may not be accepted at time behavior evaluation is performed. The Pet Adoption Center will accept dogs into its facility based on a passed evaluation and space availability.
NOTE: ALL PUPPIES AND KITTENS YOUNGER THAN FOUR MONTHS OF AGE WILL QUALIFY FOR OUR FOSTER CARE PROGRAM AS SPACE ALLOWS. INTAKE FEE VARIES FOR LITTERS AND SINGLES.