Animal Kids Camp is our day camp for kids who love animals. We offer camp in the summer and during the local winter and spring breaks. If your kids want to spend time with animals and learn even more about them, this camp is for them!
Spend hands-on time with our pet adoption center cats, dogs, puppies, and kittens. Learn fun and new facts about our animals. Participate in animal-themed crafts, activities, and games. Hear from fantastic guest speakers who work with animals. Make new friends who love what you love – the animals, of course!
Animal Kids Camp Info:
- Camp session is from 8:00am – 1:00pm, Monday thru Friday
- All camp sessions are held at our Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center location.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- $50 registration fee
- Camp is for children ages 6 -13
- Youth Program Assistant is available for teens aged 15-17
Winter Camp 2023
We are excited to announce that Animal Kids Camp- Winter Session will are one day sessions at $50 per day. Attend all or one!
Day 1, December 27, 2023: Theme coming soon
Day 2, December 28, 2023: Theme coming soon
Day 3, December 29, 2023: Theme coming soon
Day 4, January 3, 2024: Theme coming soon
Day 5, Janaury 4, 2024: Theme coming soon
Day 6, Janaury 5, 2024: Theme coming soon
Youth Program Assistant (YPA)
The YPA position is a great opportunity for teens age 15-17 looking to gain volunteer experience with children and animals! As a YPA, participants will assist our camp staff in leading engaging week-long sessions of Animal Kids Camp. YPAs will help to facilitate crafts, games, lessons, and animal meet-and-greets throughout the camp session.
TIPS AND EXPECTATIONS
Hello, MSRPAC Kid Campers and families! Are you ready for a hands-on humane adventure, teaching kindness, mindfulness, social responsibility, and compassion? To ensure that you have a fabulous, Animal Kids Camp experience this year, please read the tips and expectations below prior to attending camp.
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ANIMAL KIDS CAMP
• Calm, appropriate behavior around animals; do not pursue an animal if they walk away or hide
• Soft voices around animals, or normal speaking voices both inside and outside
• Remain seated with a lap blanket during PAC Paws, either reading or listening
• Follow the directions of staff and Leaders
• Stay with your assigned group
• Treat others with kindness and respect
• Choose kind and appropriate words; no profanity
• Attempt all Camp activities to the best of your ability
• Hands are for helping, not hurting (and wash them thoroughly before lunch!)
• Walk at all times
• Pick up after yourself (supplies returned to bins, trash/recycling disposed of, chairs pushed in, etc.)
• Report any injuries (even a scratch) to the Humane Educator
• Follow the Kids Camp dress code every day
- Cancellations must be received and confirmed a minimum of two weeks prior to the first day of the registered camp session in order to receive a refund a $15 refund fee will be assessed to each cancellation.
We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding fighting, bullying, and put-downs, theft or vandalism, or harmful treatment of animals. Acts of this nature are grounds for immediate dismissal from the Kids Camp session.
What is the price of Kids Camp?
Where is Kids Camp?
What should Campers wear?
What should Campers bring?
When is Kids Camp?
What about lunch?
Will Campers spend time with pet adoption center animals?
What are the behavior expectations for Camp?
We are excited to announce the Susan Levick Scholarship Application. Students from low-income households may apply to have their camp fees waived. Applications are due by two weeks prior to camp session start date.
All scholarship funds have been exhausted for 2023 camp sessions.