Position Title Thrift Store Inventory Clerk
Job Classification Non-Exempt
Assignment Category Part time 24 hours per week
Salary Range $12.50 - $14.00 per hour
Department Thrift Store
Reports to Thrift Store Manager
Job Description Summary
The primary responsibilities of the Inventory Clerk position are to assist with all donations and transfers coming in and out of the store, and/or help with sales duties on the sales floor. Experience in retail/stocking is preferred, but not required. Hardware experience is a bonus. Must have valid CDL and clean driving record. Candidate must be a fast learner with a cheerful, positive attitude. Candidates must be able to speak and write English proficiently.
• Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management
• Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
• Responsive of safety issues
• Conscious of shoplifting activity
• Aid customers in locating merchandising in store, answer questions
• Unload and load trucks in safe manner
• Receive and sort donations and issue receipts
• Price all items using the color coding system and pricing guide
• Establish and maintain strict organization standards in the backroom
• Maintain organized and accurate files for all paperwork related to the backroom
• Oversee the proper procedures for all transfers to other organizations.
• Delivery of goods to customers when needed
• Maintain all backroom tools and supplies as necessary
• Education/Training: High School degree
• Possess a vast product knowledge of products along with a willingness to learn.
• Experience in a retail environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledgeable of store policies and procedures
• Ability to communicate, relate well, and direct the work of volunteers
• Ability to solve problems, work independently, and check accuracy
• Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
• Reliable and trustworthy; sound decision-making skills
• Strong verbal, writing & organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated ability to serve clients in a professional, welcoming, and efficient manner
• Valid California driver’s license and legally required insurance.
• Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the department, and throughout the organization
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time
• Able to lift 25 pounds